Thursday, February 9, 2012

Personality Feature # 27



Personality Feature # 27: I don't like being told what to do.

Seriously, do not tell me what to do. I don't even listen to my own directions. If I make myself a to-do list, I might just refuse to follow it. It's ridiculous really. I have to get pretty crafty in order to fool myself into getting things done.

My current strategy is delegation. Unfortunately, hubby is pretty busy with work and the kids have school and sports, so that leaves – well, just me. But the to do list is just too overwhelming if I can't at least pretend I'm delegating to someone, so I've created alter-ego's to do all my work for me.

There is Megan – she is my freakishly organized, money managing, career focused assistant. Sophie is a health nut – she is in charge of catering and health management. Artistic Emma keeps the house clean and beautiful. Hannah, the dear, is an amazing photographer and takes care of all kid support categories. Lola, is a sexy and adventurous athlete (she is the one running the marathon – I even have a race shirt with the name Lola on it) .

With all of these assistants, I don't get as overwhelmed. In addition, it allows me to walk more boldly in my roles. As Marlene, it would never occur to me to call myself sexy, but Lola is damn sexy (and yet still me). As Emma, I get to take my creative whims seriously; she is, after all, an artist (a label I'd be less comfortable applying to myself as Marlene).

Just to be clear, I do not have multiple personalities (I'm as screwed up as the rest of you, but not quite that screwed up ). What can I say - this bizarre arrangement works for me. How do you keep from getting overwhelmed by all of your roles?


Monday: Run - 10 min warmup, 6 x (1 minute 5K pace then 3 min easy), 10 min cool down
Tuesday: Spinning
Wednesday: Run - 2 miles easy, 2 miles @ half marathon pace, 2 miles easy
Thursday: Spinning
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 8 miles easy
Sunday: Rest  
Catering Corner:
For you paleo kooks, - a link to a fun paleo crockpot blog (I tried the Curry Chicken):
http://paleopot.com/


For the rest of you, - a poem . . .


I eye my prey;
my teeth sink in,
my eyelids limp,
delectable sin.


(I call it “Ode to Cookie”)

No comments:

Post a Comment